[Interest] Need advice to add tests to an existing project

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 00:30:04 CET 2017

On 8/11/2017 11:50 AM, Xavier Bigand wrote:
> Thank you Christian for answer.
>
> Yes I thought to create a static library of our project, but as we have
> many IDE it will be an effort to do that. So I think that I found a
> better solution as we already have a special build Developer for us, we
> can simply add support of new application command line options to launch
> it in automated test mode.

Not sure to understand what you need/want here.

Which unit test framework do you use? QtTest or something else?

QtCreator supports both GoogleTest and QtTest, it has a unit test
scanner that will find all your unit tests.

Are your unit tests separate binaries? From what you said above, i have
the feeling that your tests are somehow embedded into your main app(s),
which is kind of weird.

> But if I do that will we able to launch tests directly from QtCreator as
> suite tests or at least with a new running target (with correct launch
> options)?

As said above, if you have a collection of QtTest/GTest based tests, QtC
will pick them up automatically.

To run all your auto-tests from the command line with Qbs:
https://doc.qt.io/qbs/autotestrunner-item.html

Chris