[Interest] QMake, (static) libraries and LTCG (LTO) on Mac

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 15:36:13 CET 2017

On Saturday November 11 2017 16:12:38 Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

>Note that you should be able to build whole qttools module against any Qt install. It should work without any modifications.

That's what I'd expect but not really what I'm looking for here. I could try it once to see if I get the same LTO-related failures, though.

FWIW, I found that I had to remove the `help` module from the `QT` line in assistant.pro because otherwise the linker would use the installed version (5.8.0 in my case, which evidently lacks some API). That surprised me a bit, I would have expected that qmake knows how to link the library from the same project, given that it's marked as a dependency for the assistant target.

R.