[Interest] QMake, (static) libraries and LTCG (LTO) on Mac

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 16:01:54 CET 2017

On Saturday November 11 2017 17:47:14 Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

>Well, LTO and missing symbols go hand in hand, you should be ready to deal with such errors.

That shouldn't be the case IMHO, and most of the time it isn't at least not when building Qt.

>What is your reason to use LTO? Can you avoid using it?

In this case it's mostly to obtain the most compact build possible, esp. since I'm using a static build of libQtHelp . On Linux the size difference is considerable for the assistant executable (a factor 2-3 IIRC). It's not a great deal otherwise, just something I like to understand.

R.