[Interest] [QT3D] Has anyone figured out how to use a QSkyboxEntity?

Pierre Chicoine pierrechicoine606 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 23:00:43 CET 2017

This is the only place I found on the Internet that Igor sent me.
https://github.com/igormironchik/3Dtree

Thank Igor.

Strange to note. It only works in his program in Kubuntu. When I try
it, using his program with Android,

or mine, in Kubuntu or Android, I get this message, which repeats over
and over again:

[Qt3DRender::GLTexture] No QTextureImageData generated from functor
yet, texture will be invalid for this frame.

There a fixed bug In Qt's bug list that shows that this message has
been fixed. So obviously, I don't understand

what I'm doing wrong or it's a real bug.

So I'm asking once more. Has anyone figured out how to properly use
QSkyboxEntity? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

    pQSkyboxEntity = new Qt3DExtras::QSkyboxEntity(pQEntity );

    pQSkyboxEntity->setBaseName(:/media/Skyboxes/skybox);

    pQSkyboxEntity->setExtension("tga");

    const float baseScale = 0.1f;

    Qt3DCore::QTransform * skyTransform = new Qt3DCore::QTransform(  );

    skyTransform->setTranslation( QVector3D( 0.0f, baseScale / 8.0f -
0.001f, 0.0f ) );

    skyTransform->setScale3D( QVector3D( baseScale, baseScale / 4.0f,
baseScale ) );

    pQSkyboxEntity->addComponent( skyTransform );

   }