[Interest] QStandardItemData safe QDataStream operators

Luca Beldi Luca.Beldi at twentyfouram.com
Wed Nov 22 16:40:43 CET 2017

Hi Everyone,
I noticed a bug affecting QDataStream operators for QStandardItemData that makes it not portable across systems with different sizeof(int) (more details on the bug report https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-63765)
I also submitted a patch (just a few lines), attached to the bug report, to fix the problem but I'd like to hear your opinion regarding whether using  QDataStream::version to maintain the backward compatibility is the correct way to proceed.
Thanks in advance,
Luca