[Interest] minimum macOS runtime version for Qt 5.9+

Jake Petroules Jake.Petroules at qt.io
Wed Nov 29 04:46:44 CET 2017

> On Nov 28, 2017, at 7:43 PM, Hamish Moffatt <hamish at risingsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/supported-platforms.html lists the supported macOS environments, but it's not clear if it's the same versions (10.10+) for runtime (deployment) as well as development, or whether running on earlier versions is supported. Does anyone know?

Currently we support the same minimum version for both runtime and development. Currently this is macOS 10.10 for Qt 5.9. Earlier OS versions will not work and will crash.

> http://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt5-5.10/supported-platforms.html suggests that 5.10 will increase this requirement further to 10.11+. Why is this?

We decided it wasn't worth the resources to continue testing with 10.10. macOS upgrades are now free and the overwhelming majority of users are on the latest version.

Why do you need to support older versions?