[Interest] minimum macOS runtime version for Qt 5.9+

Hamish Moffatt hamish at risingsoftware.com
Wed Nov 29 13:22:17 CET 2017

On 29/11/17 14:46, Jake Petroules wrote:

> Why do you need to support older versions?

Because my customers are using them, right back to 10.7. They are
educational institutions with whole labs of machines set up the same way
- they probably get one chance a year to upgrade, and for whatever
reason they haven't so far. I can't stick to old Qt versions either
because of various bugs. 5.6 LTS has issues with accessibility crashes
on newer macOS. 5.8 is crashing in file open dialogs on 10.13. Thus I'm
stuck.

I wish there was a bit more of a time window before you deprecate old
versions. 10.7 is no older than Windows 7.

Hamish