[Interest] What's the configure switch to have xcb working when deploying Qt apps?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 16:09:18 CEST 2017

On 01/10/17 12:02, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Saturday, 30 September 2017 13:55:55 PDT Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>>     Available platform plugins are eglfs, minimal, minimalegl,
>>     offscreen, wayland-egl, wayland, xcb.
>
> The plugin is listed, but couldn't be loaded. Run ldd on the plugin and you'll
> see what libraries are missing. They need to be installed in the target system
> by the user.

No, that wasn't it. I mean it was (technically), since ldd showed it
depends on the xinerama library which was missing, but on the other hand
in wasn't, since on the *build* system, ldd does not show a dep on
xinerama. That dep only shows up on the target system. Which is weird.

Anyway, I found the magic build flags for the official builds:

https://github.com/qtproject/qtsdk/blob/v5.6.3-packaging/packaging-tools/bld_config/configure_linux_opensource

Building with those cured the problem.