[Interest] QDataStream not increasing position of QByteArray

Stephan.Ebeling at hs-anhalt.de Stephan.Ebeling at hs-anhalt.de
Mon Oct 2 14:23:21 CEST 2017

Dear Qt-list-members,

i got the following problem with Qt and i hope that you can help me:

When I write raw network bytes to a QDataStream object repeatedly, the QDataStream never increases the write position of the underlying QByteArray.

Here's the code:

QByteArray recvBuf;
int bytePosition = 0;

void init( ){
    recvBuf = QByteArray( 240 * 10, Qt::Uninitiliazed );
}

void receiveAppend( ){
    QByteArray buffer( 240, Qt::Uninitialized );
    QDataStream datastream( recvBuf, QIODevice::WriteOnly );
    datastream.setByteOrder( QDataStream::LittleEndian );

    if( udpSocket->readDataGram( buffer.data(), buffer.size(), &ip, &port ){
        datastream.device().seek( bytePosition );
        datastream.writeRawData( buffer.data(), buffer.size() );
        bytePosition += 240;
    }
}

Why is this happening?

The code works fine on Linux Mint 18 64Bit. But it's not working on Windows 10 64Bit. I'm using Qt Creator 4.3.1 with Qt 5.9.1.

I appreciate your help.

Best regards

Stephan Ebeling