[Interest] QUdpSocket on Windows 10: QNetworkDatagram::destinationAddress/Port not set

Richard Öhlinger r.oehlinger at avibit.com
Wed Oct 4 11:38:31 CEST 2017

On 10/04/2017 10:13 AM, Richard Öhlinger wrote:

> I do bind to QHostAddress::AnyIPv4 and I get all the messages, but
> just not destinationAddress/Port.

After looking at the implementation in qnativesocketengine_win.cpp i see
that QNativeSocketEnginePrivate::nativeReceiveDatagram  does not set the
destinationAddress/Port [1] whereas qnativesocketengine_unix.cpp does
set it. [2]

Also the tst_QUdpSocket [3] does not test the functionality based on the
documentation [4] There would have to be some #if(def) or if statements.

Regards,

Richard

[1]https://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtbase/src/network/socket/qnativesocketengine_win.cpp.html#1275

[2]https://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtbase/src/network/socket/qnativesocketengine_unix.cpp.html#978