[Interest] Qt3D cross compile on Pi3, examples/applications not working

Sergio Martins sergio.martins at kdab.com
Fri Oct 6 13:50:24 CEST 2017

On 2017-10-06 10:28, Carlo Ferraresi wrote:
>  I tried with several examples such as simple-cpp, lights and
> materials,  the screen shows strange artifacts and the application
> seems freezed.
>

> When I try planets-qml I get this output:
>
> “QOpenGLTexture* Qt3DRender::Render::GLTexture::buildGLTexture() could
> not find a matching OpenGL ES 2.0 unsized texture format

Can you run the free command and show us the output ? I'm only
interested in the "Total" column.

> Has anybody succefully compiled a working Qt3D module (version >= 5.8)
> for RPi3 ?

I've ran several examples fine (after fixing two bugs, already included
in 5.9.2), that was an a rpi2 though, as I don't have v3, but the GPU is
very similar on both.

Regards,
--
Sérgio Martins | sergio.martins at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)