[Interest] Qt 5.9 built with Glib support under macOS - event loop doesn't work

Melanie Cappelaere melanie.cappelaere at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 09:30:51 CEST 2017

Hello,

Re:
https://forum.qt.io/topic/40666/qt-5-2-built-with-glib-support-under-os-x-event-loop-doesn-t-work
.

I'm having the same problem with a Qt 5.9 which was built with the -glib
option, except that it also doesn't work with a QCoreApplication. A quick
look at the code of QCoreApplicationPrivate::createEventDispatcher makes me
suspect this changed in between Qt 5.5 and Qt 5.6 (commit
97c8f6aa9c774aa0aac8948dd619e93944ec104a, if I'm not mistaken).
My tests indicate that neither the QCocoaEventDispatcher nor the
QEventDispatcherUNIX handle the glib events. An experimental hack to use
QEventDispatcherGlib in QCoreApplication does work, which matches the
observations for Qt 5.2.

On the Gui side, I have the impression that it was dropped or got lost
during the major reworks for Qt 5. I haven't been able to find out if this
was intentional or accidental.

So I'm wondering if the glib event loop is supported for Qt5 on macOS, and
if so, how do I enable support for it?

Kind regards,
Melanie