[Interest] QDockWidgets: how to get regular windows in detached (floating) mode?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 12:27:50 CEST 2017

On Thursday October 12 2017 09:06:52 Vadim Peretokin wrote:

>Rene, with the thing you're making - would it then be possible to achieve
>browser-like behaviour of being able to drag tabs out into their own
>windows?

Not for any kind of tab of course, only those that are usually docked to a toolbar on one of the window edges. You can already drag them out into their own window, but those don't behave like standard windows.

>With those windows movable to other monitors as well?

On Mac I can already do that with QDockWidgets in floating mode, doesn't it work like that on other platforms?

R.