[Interest] WebView will someone shed some light please

Marek.Floriańczyk marek.florianczyk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 16:37:36 CEST 2017

Dnia wtorek, 17 października 2017 16:27:05 CEST Jason H pisze:
> > Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 12:47 PM
> > From: "Marek.Floriańczyk" <marek.florianczyk at gmail.com>
> > To: interest at qt-project.org
> > Subject: [Interest] WebView will someone shed some light please
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I need to ask about QML WebView module.
> > I'm working on an mobile application that should display single web page
> > with JS library for webRTC - audio/video transmission.
> > It looks like web page is loaded, JS library starts up, but I can't access
> > camera and mic.
> > With QWebEngineView on Desktop platform it works, this web page also works
> > when displayed it in chrome browser on the phone.
> >
> > From what I understand WebView is a wrapper around platform native web
> > browser engine, since Android and iOS supports webRTC what is a real
> > problem with WebView to support access to microphone and camera, like in
> > QWebEngineView: onFeaturePermissionRequested: {
> >
> >         grantFeaturePermission(securityOrigin, feature, true);
> >
> > }
> >
> > Is this some functionality that hasn't been written yet, or is it a deeper
> > problem, policy or something else.
> > This is a real showstopper in my project, so I need to ask is it possible
> > to add some functionality to WebView module to support camera and mic
> > access even with some support from commercial company and later make this
> > code an open source contribution to WebView module ?
>
> I cringe at the invocation of "show stopper"
> You can make an app with with camera and webview and coordinate the switch
> between the two. If you need a full-blown WebUI, then maybe Qt isn't the
> right choice? I'm thinking React might be better if you're looking for a
> fully web-driven app.

Hi,

It's not web-driven app, there are push notifications, in app purchase, google
api authorization and a few more. WebRTC allows me to use some "call center"
infrastructure with TURN and STUN servers provided by VoIP provider. They have
commercial JS library where all webRTC communications is done. I can access
camera no problem, did that for QR codes, but then I would have to do all
webRTC related stuff myself.

Best Regards
Marek