[Interest] CMAKE with Static Qt

Kevin Funk kevin.funk at kdab.com
Fri Oct 6 11:47:04 CEST 2017

On Friday, 6 October 2017 00:17:57 CEST .... .... wrote:
> Does qt support static executable builds with cmake without the need to
> explicitly define all the dependent libraries? Is there any solution I can
> look up online?

Unfortunately it is not possible at the moment, the functionality has not been
implemented.

Please note there are already multiple reports of this issue, for instance:
  https://cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2015-March/060069.html, or
  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41765673/static-linking-against-qt-on-windows-using-cmake

The bug report where all this is tracked is:
  https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-38913

No immediate plans to implement this feature either as far as I can see,
unfortunately there are other CMake-related issues popping up all the time
which we try to fix first. Implementing this feature here would require some
dedicated effort to get right.

Regards,
Kevin

--
Kevin Funk | kevin.funk at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (Deutschland) GmbH, a KDAB Group company