[Interest] Interest Digest Wiki instructions for PI cross, compile do not work for PostgreSQL support

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Fri Oct 20 15:35:28 CEST 2017

Uwe,

I do wish you luck with QSkinny.

This library lost its way when it started with QML. Hell, even QML lost
its way. When the Nokia boys and girls first started talking about this
around the Chicago area it wasn't supposed to be an interpreted script
kiddie language, but the equivalent of a compiled 4GL. The QML would go
through a MOC like compiler generating C++ and Widget code and all
features would exist within the C++ Qt framework. That's how it was
first pitched to us. Myself and many others were big fans of that idea.
It would allow us to quickly prototype the UI and limited functionality
for testing on various targets and the only penalty was additional
compile time. (You can "throw hardware at it" for faster compile but
should never "throw hardware at it" when it comes to the shipping product.)

After that it veered off into the weeds and hooked an 18 bottom plow to
a tiny garden tractor.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions