[Interest] [Development] Qt installation prefix path issue

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Oct 26 01:05:48 CEST 2017

On Wednesday, 25 October 2017 15:41:48 PDT Christian Gagneraud wrote:
> Interesting "read_random site:github.com/apple/darwin-xnu" returns 6
> results. One of them points to bsd/sys/random.h, is this your missing
> include? ;P

Yes, <sys/random.h> is what we are missing. The Linux and OpenBSD getentropy()
functions are documented to be declared in <unistd.h>, but the macOS and
Solaris ones are in <sys/random.h>. I'm tempted to not fix this and blame Apple
and Oracle developers for not following 3 years of precedence from OpenBSD.

> Maybe the forked repo is too new (created on the 1st of october), or
> maybe google indexes only "big orgs".

"opensource-apple" sounds official to me. It's what Google brought me to when I
searched for the xnu source code, after opensource.apple.com of course.