[Interest] Qt iOS - HowTo get access to Images stored at device

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Thu Oct 26 17:02:56 CEST 2017

Am 26.10.17 um 16:11 schrieb Shawn Rutledge:
>> On 26 Oct 2017, at 15:12, ekke <ekke at ekkes-corner.org> wrote:
>>
>> Jeffrey,
>>
>> thx
>>
>> at the moment it's ok for me to use
>> QStandardPaths::standardLocations(QStandardPaths::PicturesLocation).last()
>>
>> Using Objective-C++ Photos framework would give some more comfort,
>> but wouldn't help to access these Photos from QML
> >From QML, the QtQuick.Dialogs FileDialog has special support for getting a native photo picker:
>
> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-dialogs-filedialog.html#folder-prop
if I understood it right, to use FileDialog I must add

QT +=widgets

also https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qt-labs-platform-filedialog.html needs
widgets and QApplication <https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qapplication.html>
instead of QGuiApplication <https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qguiapplication.html>.

want to avoid this because my mobile apps are using QtQuickControls2 only

>> it seems that there's no way to construct an URL in QML to access files from assets-library
>> so probably the best way is to write an ImageProvider to access these Images from QML
> After you choose the photo, you will get a URL which works AFAIK.
in forum I read that this URL works from C++ but not from QML

> The code is in qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/ios/optional/nsphotolibrarysupport/qiosfileengineassetslibrary.mm (called from qiosfiledialog.mm)

thx - will take a look at this later