[Interest] Windows Touch offset when window is reparented and created with flag Qt::FramelessWindowHint

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Thu Oct 26 19:16:20 CEST 2017

Hi,

I’m being faced with a problem that I think it might be a bug in Qt.

But before assuming anything I would like to know if someone has already been faced with this before.

My application is a plugin for a software host. The host provides a pointer to a native window. In order to make the app run inside that window I do the following:

- create a QWindow
- set QWindow flags to Qt:Tool | Qt::FramelessWindowHint
- I set the window parent to be the native pointer received from the host

The problem is that the touch has an offset. When I touch, the app window receives the touch a little bit above and to the right. This problem doesn’t happen on the standalone version of my application when the window frame is shown. Mouse events are precise on all cases.

Then I have tried not to set the FramelessWindowHint and if I move the window to fit inside the native window, the problem is not that serious but still happens so my guess is that the window frame is not being taken into account when translating the touch input.

I’m still using Qt 5.8.1 as I really on a static build of Qt for my app. I wonder if this is a known issue and if it has already been reported before and consequently fixed on newer versions of Qt.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Nuno