[Interest] Excluding Qt Modules

Konstantin Shegunov kshegunov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 12:39:05 CEST 2017

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 1:16 PM, Nuno Santos <nunosantos at imaginando.pt>
wrote:

> I have just checked out Qt source from git and was playing with the
> init-repository script. I was trying to make something like:
>
> > perl init-repository —module-subset=qtbase,qtdeclarative,etc

This is from init-repository:

        Only initialize the specified subset of modules given as the

        argument. Specified modules must already exist in .gitmodules. The

        string "all" results in cloning all known modules. The strings

        "essential", "addon", "preview", "deprecated", "obsolete", and

        "ignore" refer to classes of modules; "default" maps to

        "essential,addon,preview,deprecated", which corresponds with the

        set of maintained modules and is also the default set. Module

        names may be prefixed with a dash to exclude them from a bigger

        set, e.g. "all,-ignore".

Personally I use `essential`, so I get the minimum set of modules (as I'm
working on desktop and I don't need the addon/preview/deprecated/obsolete).