[Interest] Can't build Qt 5.10 statically from source on Windows - fails to link with OpenSSL

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Fri Oct 27 17:38:39 CEST 2017

Thiago,

I have been cleaning and building all morning.

I keep my configure lines in a file and I haven’t been doing this since 5.8. If nothing changed, the old lines should have worked.

I think the problem might have something to do with the OPENSSL_LIBS env var definition. I had this

OPENSSL_LIBS_DEBUG="libeay32MTd.lib ssleay32MTd.lib" OPENSSL_LIBS_RELEASE="libeay32MT.lib ssleay32MT.lib”

and now I have been digging through the generated make files and it seems that some extra quotes were being added to the /LIBSPATH command

I have removed them manually on the make file and tried to compiled and it compiled successfully but when I clean, configure and build again, the quotes are being added again:

 /LIBPATH:C:\Qt\5.10.0\src\qtdeclarative\lib /LIBPATH:" c:\openssl-lib-1.1\lib libcryptoMTd.lib libsslMTd.lib" C:\Qt\5.10.0\src\qtdeclarative\plugins\qmltooling\qmldbg_inspectord.lib C:\Qt\5.10.0\src\qtdeclarative\plugins\qmltooling\qmldbg_locald.lib

What do you think is adding this extra quotes?

While it was able to compile qmltestrunner after manually changing the makefile, it has now stopped on the next dependency with the same error

Thx!

Regards,

Nuno