[Interest] QMap crash when using QtConcurrent::blockingMapped()

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 21:45:06 CEST 2017

> On Friday, 27 October 2017 11:22:39 PDT Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> I will reject any change that tries to do that. But we may still have some
>> of them lying around. For example:
>>
>> https://github.com/qt/qt/blob/4.8/src/corelib/global/qglobal.h#L2088-L2090
>
> Wrong link.
>
> I meant
> https://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtbase/src/corelib/tools/
> qstring.cpp.html#_ZNK7QString5utf16Ev

Ah indeed. So one example of a "const" function in a central class
that is potentially unsafe, despite the class being marked as
reentrant.

So Jason: Trust Thiago when he says the const QMap methods you're
using in this case are safe, but don't trust the const to always be an
indicator of them being safe.

Elvis