[Interest] tst_qatomicinteger build failure (5.9 i386/x86_64)

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 09:02:58 CEST 2017

On 2 September 2017 at 12:15, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> On Friday, 1 September 2017 16:42:08 PDT Christian Gagneraud wrote:
>> doc.qt.io says that for Qt 5.9, the supported platform contains:
>> Linux 32/64-bit: GCC 4.8, GCC 4.9, GCC 5.3
>>
>> According to your gcc bug report, the bug was introduced in gcc 5.1
>> but has never been fixed (?)
>
> Correct. We just ignore the failure. There's nothing we can do about it.

Really? How do you cope in CI? You don't build for linux-32 anymore?

>> So if Qt supports gcc 5.3, then it supports gcc with this bug?
>
> Yes.
>
>> (K)Ubuntu-17.04 ships with gcc 6.3 and Qt-5.7, surely their 32 bits OS
>> version doesn't ship with a broken QAtomicInteger...
>>
>> Any clue on how I can get around this bug?
>
> You cannot. Just ignore this failure.

Scary, i then cannot run the tests about Qt's atomic integer solutions!

Does QAtomicInteger<quint64> works safely with Qt 5.6 on a linux 32
bits box with gcc > 5.1?

Should i use QAtomicInteger<quint64> on 64bits and
QAtomicInteger<quint32> on 32 bits?

If you or I cannot build and so cannot run QAtomicInteger's test
suites, then how do you or how do I know it works as adverstised?

Thanks,
Chris