[Interest] Automatically build qtwebengine when building Qt5

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Mon Sep 11 11:22:22 CEST 2017

If you didn't pass anything special to init-repository and/or configure, qtwebengine should be built automatically.

What can happen though is that
- Another module fails to build, and make didn't even reach qtwebengine. Inspect your build log closely, sometimes this can be quite hidden.
- The qmake/configure logic in qtwebengine failed a precondition, and qtwebengine got skipped. Again, this should show up in the log.

> init-repository fetches qtwebengine source tree, but configure/make
> doesn't build/install it.
>
> I'm currently building qtwebengine "manually", and the only "trick" I had to
> do was a "export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkgconfig/" as
> it wouldn't pick libpci-dev.

Make sure that you set this environment variable before running top-level configure/qmake then.

Regards

Kai