[Interest] Qt cross compile issue on pkg-config

nus1998 nus1998 at yeah.net
Wed Sep 20 10:59:27 CEST 2017

Hi All,

I exported PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR(/sysroot/lib/pkgconfig:/sysroot/usr/lib/pkgconfig) and PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR(/sysroot)  respectively, and configure with "-sysroot /sysroot -pkg-config", many features test like "Using C++ standard" failed.
I think it's due to compiler files missing in /sysroot, so I copy all compiler relevant files to /sysroot, then configure is ok and modules such as openssl can be found, but qmake will link the libc/libm in /sysroot but not the path the compiler  installed.
if I add "-no-gcc-sysroot" in configure, then the module like openssl can't be found.
I wonder is there a way to use 3rd libraries by pkg-config but not change the compile path?

ps: the qt is 5.6.2 and the compiler is arm-none-linux-gnueabi for arm

B.R.
Sun