[Interest] QGeoPositionInfo in QML

Bullinger, Julius julius.bullinger at intel.com
Tue Sep 26 11:37:25 CEST 2017

Hi there,

in Qt Location, there's the QGeoPositionInfo class<http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qgeopositioninfo.html> for storing geo positions.
There's also the Position QML type<http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtpositioning-position.html> with a matching interface to do the same in QML.

However, I haven't had success trying to expose a QGeoPosition object as Q_PROPERTY. In QML, the type will be reported as QVariant, and I cannot access any properties.

What is the supposed way to use QGeoPositionInfo in QML? There's QDeclarativePosition, but it's private.

Thanks and best regards,
Julius

Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Christian Lamprechter
Registered Office: Munich