[Interest] Issue with concurrent QNetworkRequests

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Sep 26 21:03:08 CEST 2017

On terça-feira, 26 de setembro de 2017 11:55:35 PDT Jani Tykka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd ask if the following issues would ring anyones bells, before I start
> doing more deeper investigation and create test application to reproduce
> the issue. Basically the issue in our application is reproduced following
> way.
>
> 1. Have 1 big download (https) 100MB (It uses own QNam instance)
>  - file is being written from the data got from QNetworkReply::readyRead
> 2. During the download execute other requests (https) using different QNam
> instance

Why are you using a separate instance?

> What is experienced that if during download other requests are executed the
> data received from readyRead contains extra bytes in the middle of chunked
> Those extra bytes are always zeros.

If they were the same instance, I could maybe see how there could be a
problem. With separate instances, I'm doubting there could be a problem in Qt.

Anyway, please make sure by packet sniffing that the transfer sizes are correct.
You don't need to decode the transfer, you just need to compare the size of
the transfer during a correct write to the size of the transfer during an
incorrect one.

> Any help or ideas on this are warmly welcome, thanks.

The most likely scenario is that your slot is doing stupid things.