[Interest] How do you want to select exactly C++11 with, GCC 6+?

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Mon Apr 9 16:31:31 CEST 2018

On 03/09/2017 04:35 PM, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> 09.03.2017, 16:14, "Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com>:
>> This is a straw poll to see if we should change qmake's behaviour for Qt 5.9.
>>
>> GCC 6 and ICC 17, in the absence of -std= comipler options, default ot C++14.
>> So I have two questions:
>>
>> 1) is there a need for qmake to provide a way to select*exactly*  C++11, not a
>> later, available version?
>>
>> 2) if the answer is "yes", how would you prefer to do so?
>> ????????option I: CONFIG += c++11
>> ????????option II: CONFIG -= c++14 (obviously disables later editions too)
>>
>> I want to first get just gut feeling, so I won't post pros and cons of the
>> approaches.
> I would prefer something like CXX_STANDARD = c++11

Sorry for the necro-post, but, have been working on OpenVMS and writing
projects, letting my interest email pile up. I would like to +1 this if
no decision has moved forward.

I will try to refrain from responding to other year+ old topics, but
this was a very good suggestion.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions