[Interest] QtQuick Controls 2 and Designer: Should I use Styles or Customize?

Shantanu Tushar shaan7in at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 15:29:29 CEST 2018

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up implementing it like this-

$ cat theme/v2/Theme.qml
pragma Singleton

import QtQuick 2.10
import QtQuick.Window 2.3

Item {
    visible: false

    GlassColors {
        id: glassColors
    }

    PlatinumColors {
        id: platinumColors
    }

    readonly property var colors: glassColors
    readonly property var dialogColors: platinumColors
}

$ cat theme/v2/ThemeContext.qml
import QtQuick 2.10

Item {
    id: root
    visible: false

    readonly property var _inheritedTheme:
SoStronk.contextPropertyForQmlObject(root.parent, "theme")
    readonly property bool _inheritedDialogColors: _inheritedTheme &&
_inheritedTheme.dialogColors ? true : false

    property bool dialogColors: false
    readonly property var colors: dialogColors ||
_inheritedDialogColors ? Theme.dialogColors : Theme.colors
}

where contextPropertyForQmlObject is a C++ function which returns the
value of a property under the context of the specified object.
Its used like this-

$ cat SoStronkStyle/Button.qml
import QtQuick 2.10
import QtQuick.Templates 2.3 as T

import SoStronk.theme 0.2

T.Button {
    id: control

    ThemeContext {
        id: theme
    }
// access theme.colors.foregroundColor

And whenever I create a dialog-

ThemeContext {
    id: theme
    dialogColors: true
}

So then any Button accessing theme.colors will end up referring to
dialogColors :)

Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
shantanu.io