[Interest] QtCreator oddity

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 21:34:54 CEST 2018

>>> Your understanding is wrong. Please read documentation of your compiler
>>> more carefully.
>>>
>> My understanding is completely correct and the test posted in this thread
>> proved it. Manually creating aa directory under /usr/include had aa show up
>> in QtCreator. Manually creating a.a does not appear in QtCreator.
>>
>> The directory gets walked.
>>
>> This is ___NOT___ a compiler problem. I'm talking about QtCreator being
>> unable to find the include files. I can compile a non-qt program from the
>> command line just fine.
>>
>> Please consider the previous evidence before firing off an unfounded
>> response.
>
> Roland, I think when you said in your original mail that the problem
> occurred "When typing in the editor and compiling", everyone though
> you meant you were getting compilation errors (so not just an
> auto-completion issue).
>
> If this is only about auto-completion in Qt Creator, then I think this

And what I meant by that is that I don't think anyone is disputing
your claim that Qt Creators auto-completion alg is recursing, and that
it has an issue (which you found).

The problem is you also said "and compiling", making everyone think
that you were getting compilation errors (that the header wasn't found
during compilation). If I understand you correctly, that is not the
case, and this is simply a Qt Creator bug?

Elvis