[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 79, Issue 19

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Apr 26 18:02:56 CEST 2018

On Thursday, 26 April 2018 07:23:26 PDT Jason H wrote:
> Again, I mention Google Protobuf, why don't we add Google Protobuf support
> to Qt?

Does Protobuf has code to send QStrings and QVariant?

No? Then it doesn't add more value than any other marshalling format out there
that doesn't support Qt. QDataStream's unique value is that it can send almost
all Qt types by itself. If we're going to take a protocol that doesn't support
Qt types yet, the current decision is made: it's CBOR.