[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 77, Issue 11

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Sat Aug 4 05:18:49 CEST 2018

Benjamin,

Though QML is a disgusting resource wasting pile of trash which should
never be used for ___ANYTHING___, thank you for this response. This has
been sitting in my inbox for a while because I definitely wanted to
thank you before I nuked the message.

I have encountered this "ask your lawyer"mentality time and time and
time again. In one project in particular, a client whose project budget
was bigger than Qt's annual revenue had developers and managers trying
to get an answer to this very question. Sales kept demanding we get
commercial licenses with royalties _nobody_ was going to pay. Finally,
when they kept repeating "ask your lawyer" we sent the law office to ask.

When the law office got done with them, suddenly sales was this meek
little child on the phone

"Go with the grace of God my child. We find you pious and worthy of
sainthood."

_Never_ getting a straight answer on licensing and the completely
unforgivable trash called QML is one of the reasons I've started looking
at U++ and other tools for clients and so are the clients.

https://www.ultimatepp.org/

Roland

--
Roland Hughes, President