[Interest] QML vs Electron

alexander golks alex at golks.de
Tue Aug 7 16:07:05 CEST 2018

Am Tue, 7 Aug 2018 14:52:42 +0100
schrieb Mike Krus via Interest <interest at qt-project.org>:

> > On 7 Aug 2018, at 14:31, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 07/08/18 16:04, alexander golks wrote:

> >> One could also just deliver the closed source object files for relinking.
> >> this satisfies LGPL, too, doesn't it?
> >
> > It was already addressed in my post. It seems to satisfy LGPL requirements on your part, but not on Apple's part (because they don't allow the re-linked application to run due to their DRM.)
> given all the appropriate project setup and compiled object code (.o, .a, even shared lib files), a user signed up to the free Apple Developer should in theory be able to link another version of Qt into a final executable, codesign it and run it on his device. Would be a real pain to setup and maintain though.

sorry, didn't want to offend someone, and perhaps i missed more sentences then i got, and i surely have no knowledge about apple (tm) things,
so i am listening to learn ;)
i though this whole rant was somehow related to the licensing problems with qt, so on this behalf i just wanted to state that one should be able to deliver closed source software using lgpl licensed qt.

that said, static linking should be possible, and this is what is needed for ios?
or what else is "apple's part"?
what else should i as a mobile ios app developer take care of?