[Interest] Does QNetworkAccessManager support HTTP persistent connections? (keep-alive)

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 15:58:12 CEST 2018

On Sat, 28 Jul 2018 at 06:28, Giuseppe D'Angelo via Interest <
interest at qt-project.org> wrote:
> Extract the RPM, and there it is, in all of its glory, a KeepAlive Off
> by default in Apache's master configuration file:
>
> > $ grep -nr KeepAlive .
> > ./etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:73:# KeepAlive: Whether or not to allow
persistent connections (more than
> > ./etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:76:KeepAlive Off

<snip>

> Cargo cult sysadminning FTW!
>
> (Luckily, it seems to have been removed in CentOS 7).

Great detective work, Giuseppe! You were spot on.

I shared your findings with a Qt Company ICT staff, and I received word
today that the host has changed the relevant settings.

I can confirm that the Qt Online Installer now re-uses connections for
downloading metadata. QNAM was working as advertised all along.

Thanks and regards,
Sze-Howe