[Interest] [Qt3D] Issues

Oleg Evseev ev.mipt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 23:38:41 CEST 2018

Hi,

I wonder why FirstPersonCameraController now in qt 5.11.1 by arrow up-down
keys moves camera up and down instead of moving forward like in games (like
first person view should), and as it is in 5.9.5?

Also qgltf.exe of qt 5.11.1 for windows "Failed to import" (without any
other error description) for the one of my model (for both obj and 3ds
format). qgltf.exe of qt 5.9.5 handles this obj model without problems, but
can't import 3ds model with "Qt3D.AssimpImporter: Assimp scene import
failed Chunk is too large".

I like that qt 5.11.1 renders objects loaded in SceneLoader with
phongmaterial with ambient color = "white" as should - it looks similar to
Blender, while in qt 5.9.5 I need to reduce ambient by half or objects are
overexposed to white instead of their diffuse color.

But SceneLoader of  qt 5.11.1 still has texture rendering issues that was
fixed in qt 5.8 (QTBUG-66644) once.

I mean I can't choose version. It looks like qt 3d development still can
not be stabilize :(

--
With regards, Oleg.