[Interest] Updating tooltips when model data changes

Álvaro Cebrián Juan acebrianjuan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 16:37:07 CEST 2018

Hi all,

I have a QTableView tied to a QAbstractTableModel. I have enabled tooltips
in my model by handling Qt::TooltTipRole in the model's data() function.
The problem is that the tooltips are not updated when my model data
changes. I would like to update the active tooltip as soon as the model
data changes.

I noticed, however, that if I move the mouse within the cell, then the
tooltip gets updated. This doesn't happen if the mouse is still.

I would be grateful if somebody can shed some light on this.

Thank you.

Álvaro