[Interest] QBluetoothServiceDiscoveryAgent cannot retrieve sdp uuids

Jérôme Godbout godboutj at amotus.ca
Wed Aug 15 21:54:56 CEST 2018

Hi,
I'm trying to discover some particular Bluetooth device on Android, but I
have some trouble using the *QBluetoothServiceDiscoveryAgent*. Here's the
workflow:

   1. Scan using *QBluetoothDeviceDiscoveryAgent *to discovers all devices.
   2. Wait for scan to complete, wait for* finished() *signal.
   3. Start a scan  *QBluetoothServiceDiscoveryAgent *for found devices one
   by one. Using *start(QBluetoothServiceDiscoveryAgent::MinimalDiscovery)*.
   I always end up with the following error: *cannot retrieve sdp uuids*.
   If I try the complete discovery it just crash hard!

I want to discover any device that can offer a particular services and I
don't controls device name nor the advertising of the BLE devices. Anyway
to do this? Or is it a bug with my Android device or am I using it
improperly?

Do I have to use QLowEnergyControl and connect to each device one by one to
fetch the services list on Android to do this?

Thanks, if anybody have any information on this, that would be great.
Jerome