[Interest] QSettings keys

Bertwim bwvb at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 22 10:42:20 CEST 2018

Hi,

I have a problem with understanding QSettings.  I see that when the
settings are written back to file (ini-file, Linux) certain characters
such as <space>, ':' (colon), etc, written in their hexadecimal encoding
(%20 for space, %3A for ':').
When keys are read (from an ini file) these characters are read as
expected, but writing them back gives this encoding.
Why is this, and -more importantly- Is there any way to prevent this, at
least have the normal printable ascii characters written back to file

Regards
Bertwim