[Interest] QSettings keys

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Aug 22 22:35:00 CEST 2018

On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 11:06:16 PDT Bertwim wrote:
> This is what I observe:
>
> For instance, if I enter the following, manually, in the ini file:
[ignored]

What you type manually is not relevant.

> and then look at the ini-file after it has been rewritten to disk, this
> has become:
>
> [foo%3Abar]
> line%201=some text
> line%3Atail=indented + key has character ':'
>
> Now, looking at the keys, removing the leading and trailing white spaces
> makes sense to me, as does removing the white spaces around the '='.
> However, writing the space between 'line' and '1' with the %20 encoding,
> and likewise the %3A for the colon looks weird
> and unnecessary, as they are normal ascii characters.

I don't know why the ':' was encoded. It might be a side-effect of the
function being used, or just because in other contexts it is a reserved
character.

My question remains: if you load this file, do ou get "line:tail" as the key?
If so, there is no bug.