[Interest] Qt 5.11.1 inside of a Docker container

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Aug 23 15:52:55 CEST 2018

Just to follow up a bit on this. After taking the advice to use the Qt5 versions from beineri I ran into the next problem with Docker and Qt5. Qt5.10 and forward apparently use "statx()" within the moc and uic programs which isn't allow by Docker versions before 18.04. My Docker version is 18.06. In order to get "statx()" to be allowed to run the Linux distribution needs at least libseccomp 2.3.3. That version is not available until Ubuntu 18.10. I tried to recompile the newer version of libseccomp and install it onto my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS installation but the issues still persist when compiling my own code based on Qt. I can drop back to Qt5.9.5 as from what I have read that version will work but that leaves me wandering if all of these issues between the various parties (Docker, Qt and Linux) would ever work themselves out in time? I say this not as a rant or complaint but as a point of reference in case anyone else is running into the same problems with Qt and Docker (at least with a Ubuntu host)

I am open to suggestions.... (Looking into OpenSUSE)

--
Michael Jackson | Owner, President
      BlueQuartz Software
[e] mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
[w] www.bluequartz.net <http://www.bluequartz.net>

On 8/21/18, 2:12 PM, "Interest on behalf of Richard Weickelt" <interest-bounces+mike.jackson=bluequartz.net at qt-project.org on behalf of richard at weickelt.de> wrote:

    > I recently had success installing Qt 5.9.2 in a Windows docker
    > container using this link as a starting point:
    > https://stackoverflow.com/a/34032216/991000

    You can also see this approach in action here:
    http://code.qt.io/cgit/qbs/qbs.git/tree/docker/stretch/Dockerfile

    But pulling packages from https://launchpad.net/~beineri is far more simple
    on Ubuntu.

    Richard