[Interest] QCborValue and Qt types

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Dec 2 20:20:13 CET 2018

On Sunday, 2 December 2018 10:12:56 PST Andrew Ialacci wrote:
> Hope it’s ok that I barge in :P
>
> Are there any recommended strategies for serializing custom model objects?
>
> For example a Person class with name, age, and gender properties.
>
> Or would I just write a
>
> QByteArray toCBOR() const
>
> method on all my model classes and create the CBOR object representation
> manually like with JSON.

I'm not sure you meant to return a binary to be placed inside a CBOR payload
or if that is the CBOR serialisation. Either way, I don't think returning
QByteArray is a good idea. Instead, return QCborValue, such that the value may
be placed inside a larger object or array if the caller so wishes.

Or if you want to do streaming, just void serialize(QCborStreamWriter &);

Similar for decoding.