[Interest] Unexpected wl_surface.enter received for output with id: 10 screen name: "DELL P2417H" screen model: from QT5.9

Johan Helsing johan.helsing at qt.io
Thu Dec 6 09:20:35 CET 2018

Hi Eric,

You're right that surface_leave is the counterpart. The warning is there to tell you it didn't get called, which usually indicates a compositor bug. It warns when the compositor sends two events about a surface enterering the same screen without sending a leave event after the first one.

We just ignore the second event, so probably nothing bad will happen, but we print that warning in the hope that it will lead to compositor bugs being fixed.

I wrote a patch to clarify the meaning a bit: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/247560

Which compositor are you running?

Br,
Johan