[Interest] [Qt3D] Anti-aliasing

Oleg Evseev ev.mipt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 15:12:23 CET 2018

Hi all,

Scene3D QML has multisample property. If it is used all 3d scene gets
anti-aliased, but it slows down my app including GUI on not so powerful
android tablets

In fact I don't need anti-aliasing for whole scene so I wonder how one can
apply anti-aliasing for just a few layers where I need it?

Something like this (but it doesn't work):

    m_layerFilterExtra = new QLayerFilter();
    m_layerFilterExtra->addLayer(layerSun);
    m_layerFilterExtra->addLayer(layerObject);
    renderStateSet = new QRenderStateSet();
    renderStateSet->addRenderState(new QNoDepthMask());
    renderStateSet->addRenderState(new QMultiSampleAntiAliasing());
    renderStateSet->setParent(m_layerFilterExtra);
    m_layerFilterExtra->setParent(cameraSelector);

And another question how FXAA can be used instead of multisampling. FXAA is
mentioned in https://doc.qt.io/qt3dstudio/fxaa-effect.html

Thanks in advanced for help!

---
With regards, Oleg.