[Interest] Qt Quick Controls 1 deprecated but no native styles for Qt Quick Controls 2?

Dimitar Dobrev dpldobrev at protonmail.com
Fri Dec 7 13:34:21 CET 2018

Well, if you have nothing better than what you used to, stick with that. This is my proposal. That is, I do understand what problems you see in QStyle but one only should remove something when there's a replacement for it. Besides, you're talking about catching up. However, you do it already anyway because of Qt Widgets, don't you? What exactly is the issue then? It cannot be that difficult to integrate the perfectly working native styles you had in Qt Quick Controls 1 with Qt Quick Controls 2. You can see Jean-Michelle's earlier post where he's pointed to [an at least partially successful effort](https://github.com/KDE/qqc2-desktop-style) to achieve exactly what I'm talking about. I think it's within the resources of a small team to at the very least integrate that work if not porting your own from Qt Quick Controls 1.