[Interest] Qt Quick Controls 1 deprecated but no native styles for Qt Quick Controls 2?

Dimitar Dobrev dpldobrev at protonmail.com
Fri Dec 7 17:37:51 CET 2018

> Here are some links for just the Windows styles alone:
>
> http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/tree/src/widgets/styles/qwindowsstyle.
> cpp - 2401 lines
> http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/tree/src/plugins/styles/windowsvista/q
> windowsxpstyle.cpp - 4243 lines
> http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/tree/src/plugins/styles/windowsvista/q
> windowsvistastyle.cpp - 2405 lines
>
> This, for me, is why I would never want to base future desktop styling on
> QStyle. I don't think this is maintainable or future-proof at all. That's just my
> opinion though. I don't speak for anyone else.
Thank you for these links. I do understand better what you mean.
However, my point stands - we need a solution and you maintain this
anyway because of QWidgets. You asked me for a suggestion even though
I'm just a user of Qt - you've got it. So what does the future hold for
Qt Quick Controls 2? Are they going to look and act native, ever? When
are we going to have it, perhaps in Qt 6? Is Qt Quick Controls 1 going
to be a reliable and supported solution until then?
> They haven't been removed though?
They are deprecated which means - yet.