[Interest] Qt GUI on Mac OS X login screen

Hayyan Daoud hayyan.d at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 09:39:14 CET 2018

Hello,

I’m building a multi-factor authentication application. I used Qt 5.11 to
build the pam module and it’s working fine on Linux. However when trying to
run it on Mac OS the GUI doesn’t show at the login. According to this
<https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPSystemStartup/Chapters/CustomLogin.html>
and this
<https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appkit/nswindow/1419179-canbecomevisiblewithoutlogin?language=objc>
I should use the “canBecomeVisibleWithoutLogin”. How to set that in Qt? Is
there another way I can get a GUI to talk to my pam module? I am thinking
of building the GUI in cocoa and then communicating with the pam module
through dlopen() [as a library]. or maybe using one of these methods
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2846337/best-way-to-do-interprocess-communication-on-mac-os-x>
also came across "QMacCocoaViewContainer Class
<http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qmaccocoaviewcontainer.html>" but I'm not sure how
this may help me.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,