[Interest] Qt Quick Controls 1 deprecated but no native styles for Qt Quick Controls 2?

Dimitar Dobrev dpldobrev at protonmail.com
Mon Dec 10 10:49:12 CET 2018

On 10.12.18 9:53, Tuukka Turunen wrote:

> If Qt Widgets meet your needs, no need to port away from them. Widgets continue to be fully supported and actively maintained.
As I said, this reminds me how a few years back you said Widgets was
feature complete and thus maintained but no longer developed. I do know
it's going to stay here and I mean *stay*, as in not move. None of the
new hardware technologies Qt Quick takes advantage of would be
supported, nor the remaining Qt Quick features I listed earlier.
> If you need to create cross-platform app with a dynamic UI, custom style, perhaps also running on touch based devices, different screen sizes etc, Qt Quick Controls 2 is a better fit.
I dare speak for the rest of us by saying we all know your supposed
usage of Qt Quick. What I've been saying all along is such usage is
quite crippled. I'm not sure if you understand how Qt's entire glory has
grown around its cross-platform capabilities for native GUI. Because
you're saying, it's OK if we don't have a modern GUI framework without them.

Ideally, I would feel happy to see some kind of commitment by the Qt
team to (once again) make Qt Quick native on all platforms. As I
suggested earlier, you could start by adopting that external project
Jean Michelle linked to earlier in this thread. Yes, I remember the
remark of this code not supporting GPU either but please remember my
remark about this being just the first step.