[Interest] Qt Quick Controls 1 deprecated but no native styles for Qt Quick Controls 2?

Benjamin TERRIER b.terrier at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 11:53:55 CET 2018

> Definitely the case here. We reverted to Widgets and dropped any
> attempt to use QQC until they are both reasonably fast (not QQC1) and
> about feature complete (not QQC2 at the moment).

Qt Quick Controls 1 were not feature complete for a desktop use.

They do look nice and all because they use QStyle, but the offer a
very poor user experience.
I did use them at some point to develop a desktop application and
faced many pitfalls.

If you want an example, take a look at QTBUG-47658
(https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-47658).
In short, focus is not handled properly and trying to use keyboard
shortcuts can result in user inputting text in another element.
I believe this is way worse that not having a native look and feel.

These kinds of errors was enough for me to go away from Qt Quick
Controls 1 and will not suggest to anyone to use them for any reason.
So now it is either Widgets or Controls 2 depending if I want a native
look and feel or animated UI.

BR,

Benjamin