[Interest] Qt Creator vs inline headers

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Dec 15 03:38:50 CET 2018

On Friday, 14 December 2018 11:16:43 PST Bernhard Lindner wrote:
> I can fix that in the MIME settings but it seems to make no sense.
>
> Why is Qt Creator configured that way?

Because the MIME type says it's source, not header.

I had never seen an .inl file and had never heard of that extension being
used. So I googled for it and found a couple of examples in
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1208028/significance-of-a-inl-file-in-c.

$ cd tests/manual/qmimedatabase
$ ./qmimedatabase A.hpp
File    : A.hpp