[Interest] resturn string to javascript inside QWebEngineView

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Sat Dec 15 21:35:17 CET 2018

Turns out the problem wasn't mine. Previously we had been using
websockets but now websockets are bad so went with Web channel. Honestly
believed the bug was mine since the captive Web site worked fine with
websocket previously. Turns out it wasn't. Latest "front end" code has
html, angular, javascript and half a dozen other things. Because of
that, when they execute a function which returns a string, it actually
doesn't wait for a response. Nice. When one of the developers forces a
5-10 second delay between making the call and using the string passed
back, they get the value.

Thanks for your help though.

--
Roland Hughes, President